Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Copyright Law and New Technologies

What? I learned the rules of the web, what you can and can't do legally. It wasn't so much techniques, strategies, or tools that I read about, it was the rules to keep myself out of trouble. There are many concepts and rules that I learned to follow, what to do and how to do it safely. The biggest thing I learned was to always ask for permission before I use it, that is the safe thing to do.
So What? What we discussed is so very important because of the laws that are in effect for the copyright use. Now I do have a basic understanding of what I can do legally, and for the most part I know how I will implement it to my teaching without getting in trouble. I will need to always ask for permission and site where I get my information and there should be no way that I get my self on the wrong side of the law.
Now What? Where I go from here is to learn more on the rules, and what is allowed. If I just focus on what I can do and use that I should be pretty safe. The best thing for me is to just stay on the UEN site, I can't get in trouble there. I pretty much know how I am going to use this in my teachings, and I know where I am going to get the info for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment