Saturday, April 17, 2010

Study: Students more stressed now than during Depression?
Extra Credit.

What? This article discusses a study taken by
Jean Twenge, a San Diego State University psychology professor and the study's lead author. The study was on depression and how the number are increasing dramatically in our children. I also talks about some potentials why they are increasing, but there still needs to be more data taken for more concrete results.

So What? I believe that these numbers are increasing, because I would bet that more than 50% of the people I know are on some type of medicine for a type of depression. There are just so many more thing to stress or worry people now than what they worried about in the 30's. So I can see exactly why they are doing this research, people are getting crazy.

Now What? This will help me in my teaching and in life. I will need to try to understand my students better, for example where they come from, their social economic status, just important thing in life in general. This will help me have better student teacher relations, and should help me on my preparing of lesson plans. This will also help my with the ways I communicate with people in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment