Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Test #3 Revisions

19.

Which one of the following statements is most likely to promote higher moral reasoning in a student in the law and order stage?

Student ResponseValueCorrect Answer
Student Response A. “Your behavior is not allowed in this classroom. As a consequence, you’ll have to stay after school today.” 0%
B. “You mustn’t take Ruthie’s paper, or I won’t like you any more.”
C. “If you don’t help with clean-up, you won’t get to go to the assembly.”
D. “You destroyed Martha’s paper, and now she has to stay late to finish rewriting it.”
Student Response


Score 0/3
1. Reasoning for missing the question.
I thought the law and order stage had to do with breaking the rules therefor having a punishment for that. Hence there is laws=rules, order=punishment for breaking the rules. I don't understand why we destroyed Martha's paper, what did she do to deserve that punishment. At least answer A. had a reason for the punishment. So I don't understand why it is D.


13.
Which one of the following strategies is most likely to encourage students to correct their existing misconceptions?

Student ResponseValueCorrect Answer
Student Response A. Give students as much information about a topic as possible. 0%
B. Show examples of a concept that contradict what students presently believe.
Student Response
C. Point out that “smart” students don’t misunderstand classroom topics.
D. Encourage students to take extensive notes on their reading assignments.
Score: 0/3
1. Reason for missing question.
I believe my answer is also correct. Because if you give as much information as there possibly is it would be hard to have any misconceptions if all knowledge is presented. Also I can now see why the correct answer is B if you also show examples of items that are directly different or the opposite it would also help the students understand and eliminate the misconceptions and strengthen the correct concept.





4.
Todd is trying to remember the names of the bones of the hand, but is confused and can only remember the bones of the feet, which he studied earlier this week. Which explanation of forgetting best describes Todd’s problem?

Student ResponseValueCorrect Answer
A. decay
B. reconstruction error
Student Response C. lack of retrieval cues 0%
D. interference
Student Response
Score:

0/3



1. Reason for missing question.
I also believe my answer is correct on for this question. Todd is having a hard time retrieving the memories of the bones in the hand, something isn't being cued for this response, there isn't a good connection in my opinion. Retrieval is pulling from long term memory to working memory. and that is what I believe he is having a problem with is pulling it out .

Interference is the correct answer, but it is almost the exact same thing. Failure to retrieve information, so I believe they both are correct but I understand why interference is correct in this case. He is failing to retrieve information.

2.Patterns for missing?
The only pattern I can see is that there in these cases two answers that were very similar to one an other and I should have taken the time to break them down even more in my mind with other example or comparisons before answering. There wasn't really a trend to missing them other than they were all missed.

3.Content that I struggle with?
Honestly I am struggling with all of it, my brain just doesn't retain all of this like it used to. But if I had to choose something specific it would be the models, I kinda understand the stuff in this section ok.

4.How will I review and retain?
I will need to use the items that I an not understanding as well as I should in ways that can relate to my life right now. If I can figure that out for the final it will help me retrieve the information easier and more quickly. Just need to figure how to relate it first. I need to have or make more examples in my mind on each topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment